- COURSES ON OFFER
- Provide a welcoming location for networking between Science teachers
- Share and discuss new ideas and developments for the teaching of Science and preparations for the first round of GCSE qualifications
- Share practical ideas and resources that we can take away and use to facilitate the progress of our students
- Knowledge of the approaches other teachers are using in their classrooms
- Ideas for preparing students for the new qualifications
- Ideas for increasing engagement in Science
|Event Focus Categories:||
|Target Audience:||Science Teachers, Trainee / Aspiring Science Teachers|
An opportunity to share our ideas about balancing the needs of an engaging science curriculum with the demands of the new qualifications.
TeachMeets are a great way for local educationalists to meet, discuss ideas and share best practice. They aim to engage and inspire fellow colleagues. Anyone can share great ideas they've trialed in their classrooms, a teaching resource they love, a great website, a classroom activity - whatever you like! We would like people to come with ideas to share through an informal talk from 2 to 5 minutes, either individually or as a group. No idea or example is too small.
Depending on numbers of participants we may also run some short discussion groups. If you would like to present please email Lizzie your idea / resource you would like to share to : email@example.com by Friday 16th March
|Course Leader 1:||
Lizzie Fellowes-Freeman (2nd in Science, Lead Practitioner)
Lizzie graduated from the University of Cambridge in Natural Sciences before doing graduate work using x-ray crystallography to study protein structures within mitochondria. She qualified as a teacher in 2012 before joining Waingels as a Biology teacher (although she now also teaches A-Level Physics!)
Lizzie is keen to work with teachers from a range of different schools and experiences as well as her own department to develop the best practice for teaching and learning of all three Sciences.