WCTSP supports the Conference programme at Wellington College. Wellington is a national and international centre for educational thinking and debate. The innovation found in our curriculum is matched by the inventiveness and variety of our conference programme which addresses the leading educational issues of the day. Conferences are aimed at innovative school leaders, and those who aspire to introduce real change to their institutions.
The Wellington College Teaching School Partnership brings schools and strategic partners together in a unique collaboration that is school-led and which focuses upon the needs of educational professionals. Its objective, through cooperation, is to provide a continuum of professional learning opportunities for staff with the desired outcome of improving the educational attainment of pupils in school. The vision is to embed a culture of aspiration, collaboration and excellence, and to empower those working in schools to develop a strong learning culture using a self-improving education system and the sharing of best practice.
This is achieved using the ‘Big 6’ framework provided by the National College for Teaching and Leadership set out below:
- lead the development of a school-led ITT (initial teacher training) system, either through School Direct or by securing accreditation as an ITT provider
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (continuing professional development)
- identify and develop leadership potential (succession planning and talent management)
- provide support for other schools
- designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
- engage in research and development activity
Read more on our about us page