WCTSP supports the Conference programme at Wellington College. Wellington is a national and international centre for educational thinking and debate. The innovation found in our curriculum is matched by the inventiveness and variety of our conference programme which addresses the leading educational issues of the day. Conferences are aimed at innovative school leaders, and those who aspire to introduce real change to their institutions.
The Wellington College Teaching School Partnership brings schools and strategic partners together in a unique collaboration that is school-led and which focuses upon the needs of educational professionals. Its objective, through cooperation, is to provide a continuum of professional learning opportunities for staff with the desired outcome of improving the educational attainment of pupils in school. The vision is to embed a culture of aspiration, collaboration and excellence, and to empower those working in schools to develop a strong learning culture using a self-improving education system and the sharing of best practice.
This is achieved using the ‘Big 6’ framework provided by the National College for Teaching and Leadership set out below:
- lead the development of a school-led ITT (initial teacher training) system, either through School Direct or by securing accreditation as an ITT provider
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (continuing professional development)
- identify and develop leadership potential (succession planning and talent management)
- provide support for other schools
- designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
- engage in research and development activity
Read more on our about us page
On Tuesday we held our first WCTSP CPD Ideas Exchange, and what a great session it was.
Delegates seemed to take away what they needed and more and the feedback speaks for itself.
Are you a CPD or Professional Learning Lead?
Would you like to join a discussion with other colleagues to exchange ideas and share best practice?
Come and join the CPD - Ideas Exchange on the 24th May at Wellington College. Click HERE for further information.
Last week WCTSP hosted an Extended Project Qualification Ideas Exchange, led by Robin Drummond from Wellington College.
There was a great turn out with the opportunity for colleagues to discuss the following:
- Share experience of delivering/co-ordinating an EPQ programme
- Explore different approaches to running an EPQ programme
- Ask questions/receive answers from others in the same role
The feedback from the afternoon was extremelly positive with delegates going away with "Ideas and resources that others use to take back to my school" and a "a really good opportunity to share". "Thank you for a really good afternoon".
Thank you to Robin for facilitating the session and to all who attended.